Facts on Solar Power
The world is facing a lot of problems. Despite these problems, people should not despair. In every problem, there is always a solution and this solution has been available for many years now. However, many people are beginning to realize their importance and efficacy.
Researchers and scientists have already discovered solar power many years ago but because of the lack of technological knowledge, the idea was not pursued. Solar power was mainly used for powering small electrical devices.
But now, with great technological advancements, people are Seeing solar power will soon become affordable and widely accessible to ordinary individuals. In the US, solar power is used in the different states but it’s not that prevalent. Huge solar panels are quite expensive and ordinary people can’t afford to pay for them. You can now find solar power kits which are less costly and the price range from $200 to $500 Per kit.
Before you consider using solar power,
here are some facts that you need to be aware of:
- 1. Albert Einstein received a Nobel Prize in 1921 for his experiments on photo voltaic and solar.
2. Silicon from a ton of sand can be used in photovoltaic panels to generate the same amount of electricity that a 500,000 T of burning coals can produce.
3. 10,000+ US households are now using solar energy to power their homes.
4. John Herschel (British Astronomer) was able to cook food by using solar power 200 years ago during his African journey.
5. In 1982, the first large scale power plants was opened in California.
6. If you can use solar power in your home’s heating system, you can slash the electric bill by 50%.
7. In the last thirty years, the price of solar panels has dropped considerably by at least 200%. Solar power kits can now be purchased from $200-$500.
8. In the year 2000, US DOE claimed that solar power is almost perfect (99%) in San Francisco; since California gets a lot of sunlight, 200 megawatts of green electricity can be generated if all the rooftops of county buildings and homes are covered with PV panels. By including school buildings, an added 1,500 megawatts is achievable. The generated power is enough to cover the city’s electrical needs during an entire day.
9. Germany is now using solar power despite its undesirable climate. The energy generated during sunny days is stored in batteries.
10. Energy from the sun travels for approximately 8 minutes to reach Earth.
If you’re interested in solar power and you want to try it out, you can start with a solar power kit. It is affordable and easy to assemble. The materials can be purchased from local hardware stores and the guides are easy to understand as well. Make sure that you purchase a kit that is manufactured by a prominent and trusted company to ensure efficiency. Some manufacturers also provide warranty for 10-15 years; take advantage of these great deals.
The facts mentioned earlier will help you to decide whether you can benefit from solar power or not. If you live in an area where there is lots of sunlight all throughout the year, solar power is an excellent choice. Solar power is free and clean. After your initial investment, you no longer have to pay for the energy.
Legal Notice: This post contains affiliate links. We are compensated for many of the products posted in this and all articles. My-ideas-for.com is a participant in the Amazon Associates affiliate program, as well as affiliate programs including Share a sale, Click Bank, and others. While we are always careful to only Display the products we believe to be of good quality, Your due diligence before purchasing is recommended. we want to be open and transparent about our relationship with the companies we affiliate with.